Saturday, September 6, 2008

Drawing from Life

I've anticipated this course for a good while and even set up my schedule to incorporate yoga and works of the Italian Renaissance to get a experiential, physical and historical perspective on the human form. I'm inspired by the great masters of the past, but also by different styles of modern animation, character graffiti, and graphic novels.Hayao Miyazaki's new hand drawn/watercolored film made its way to the Toronto Film Festival, and should be making a pass soon to the states. The Lagoon Cinema in Minneapolis should be showing it when it does. Anyways, it's the reason the new Batman film flopped in Japan. I was reading that article we were linked to on an
imation, and if anyone 
in this class is hesitant to watch anime, start out with something by this guy
(My Neighbor Totoro, Princess Mononoke
). He's the flippin' master.
It will inspire you in some way or another

... or just blow your mind. 

0 Comments: